Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:44:23 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Joseph Scott" <joseph@randomnetworks.com>, "Pavel A Crasotin" <pavel@ctk.ru>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cyrus+pam_radius. How to make work?

From: "Joseph Scott" <joseph@randomnetworks.com>
> # Hi
> #
> # I'v a asked in cyrus-info but seems none knows why cyrus-imap 2.0.16
> # (cyrus-sasl-1.15.27) dont work with pam_radius.
> #
> # Can anyone help me?
>
> Just in case no one has answered this.
>
> The trick is to make the pwcheck daemon support PAM.  The current
> version of the cyrus-sasl port has an option to build a PAM version of
> pwcheck.  Before that there was a patch that did it in a slightly
> different way.

The security/cyrus-sasl port installs 2 pwcheck daemons (pwcheck, and
pwcheck_pam), all you need to do is add:

    sasl_pwcheck_enable=yes
    sasl_pwcheck_program=PREFIX/sbin/pwcheck_pam
    sasl_saslauthd1_enable=no

to your /etc/rc.conf file and then to start the pwcheck daemon use:

    PREFIX/etc/rc.d/pwcheck.sh start.

Also the pwcheck daemon has been depreciated in favor of a general password
checking daemon (saslauthd).  The security/cyrus-sasl port installs
saslauthd as the default password checking daemon.  By default it uses PAM
to check passwords.  You will also need to added a cyrus service to the
/etc/pam.conf file or copy PREFIX/share/example/cyrus-sasl/cyrus.pam to
/etc/pam.d/cyrus.

Scot
Maintainer of security/cyrus-sasl port