Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:31:39 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Walter C. Pelissero" <walter@pelissero.org>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SVR4 missing syscall

Dan Nelson writes:
 > > Are you telling me that the IBCS emulator is not really working?
 > > Unfortunately I can't ask for a Linux version. Have you ever had a
 > > look at the NetBSD one?  Is it usable?
 >
 > If you have access to NetBSD binaries, get them.  FreeBSD should be
 > able to run static NetBSD, OpenBSD, and BSD/OS binaries natively; no
 > emulation layer required.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I asked if the NetBSD emulation layer for
svr4/ibcs is better than the FreeBSD one.  In the meanwhile I fetched
NetBSD 1.4.2 and I can assure it has the same problem, with a slightly
differen output from ktrace.

I'll try to make use of your hints.

 > I have patches for a June 30 -current that implement enough SCO stuff
 > to make /bin/sh work (but /bin/ls dies), if you're interested.

That would be great.
Thanks a lot.

--
walter pelissero