Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:25:06 -0300
From:      marcelo cardoso martinelli <mmartinelli@bigfoot.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   mozilla + java

i have been trying to install the java plugin for mozilla and it never
works.  i tried almost everything: first i installed mozilla from the
ports tree and made a symbolic link to the java jre (also installed
from the ports tree), but mozilla never registered the plugin as
installed.  then i decided to download the freebsd port from
mozilla.org and installed it in a directiry in my home directory.
when a tryied to view a java page for the first time mozilla asks for
the plugin and it downloaded and installed it for me.

i checked the plugins dir in the mozilla directory and it had
installed a java2 directory inside it and also made the symbolic link
for me too.  however, again, mozilla never found the plugin.

i installed it and reinstalled a couple times and it never works.  can
anyone help?

marcelo cardoso martinelli