Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 16:29:45 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@ares.maths.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        akhar <akhar@videotron.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CDr

> I wanted to know if it is possible for me to use my CDr which is on my
> server (OpenBSD) from my win box to write cds from it? If so How ?
> I have a 10Mo ethernet network. And would like to use my CDr as a back
> up device and at the same time still use it for '' every day '' burning.
> =)
> If not could you suggest a GUI app for CD burning from OpenBSD
> Akhar

Ummm, shouldn't you be asking about this on an OpenBSD list?

Anyway, I don't know of anyway to share a cdrom burner from a Unix box to
a Windows box.  Samba will let you share file space and printers, but that
appears to be it.

As for a GUI app, look through the OpenBSD ports collection for programs
of that ilk.  If OpenBSD supports cdrecord, you can find a number of GUI
front ends for it by looking on www.freshmeat.net and searching for
cdrecord.

> NB. would you know of any good remote X clients for Win95/NT

WineHQ, www.winehq.com maintains a list of these sort of things as part of
the Windows and Unix interoperating.  I can't remember the exact page, but
it shouldn't be hard to find.  We use MI/X, which works ok.

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083