Date:      Thu, 8 May 2003 08:20:08 -0400
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: Re: VPN through BSD for Win2k, totally baffled

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 22:21, Michael Collette wrote:
> Scenario:
> FreeBSD box running IPFW acting as a gateway to private network.  The
> private network is made up of entirely routeable IP addresses.  External
> users running Win2k and XP on DSL connections with dynamic IPs.
>
> Goal:
> To have the FreeBSD gateway securely authenticate and encrypt the traffic
> between the outside users and the internal network.

    You might try mpd, which should let the Windows users get in via
PPTP.  At least, if I read the docs right, mpd should be useful for
allowing inbound PPTP connections as well as making output PPTP
connections.

    Then you need to allow inbound traffic on port 1723, protocol GRE.

    (Take with salt; I haven't yet had my morning coffee.)

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer                   (Remove "bogus" before responding.)