Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:18:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      thiebaut.adsl@wanadoo.fr
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/27916: pptpclient doesne't work with 4.3 Stable

>Number:         27916
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       pptpclient doesne't work with 4.3 Stable
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
when calling pptp I get an error message, somthing to do with the "-direct" option apparently compiled (I'm not a C programmer but I looked in pptp.c and saw that) in pptp.

I tryed 20 different ways to install & use pptpclient but with no succes.

>How-To-Repeat:
cd /usr/ports/net/pptpclient
make fetch
make extract
make patch
cd work/pptp*
vi Makefile (and modify /usr/sbin/ppp by /usr/sbin/pppd arround line 17)
cd ../../
make; make install
modify /etc/options & /etc/pap-secrets with my passwd & config
pptp 10.0.0.138
-> error !!! (-direct options unknown)