Date:      Tue, 07 Feb 2012 07:29:25 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        dougb@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Proposal ipv6_addrs_common

----Security_Multipart(Tue_Feb__7_07_29_25_2012_068)--

Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org> wrote
  in <4F304F54.4020802@FreeBSD.org>:

do> On 02/06/2012 13:47, Hiroki Sato wrote:
do> >  It actually depends on the newline
do>
do> That's way too fragile, as users are likely to put them all in one line
do> since shell syntax doesn't differentiate (assuming non-wacky values of IFS).

 I don't think so.  In this syntax a newline character is a separator
 distinguished from normal white spaces by read statement.

do> > echo "$foo" | while read L; do echo $L; done
do>
do> Yeah, don't do that. Aside from the useless fork that you'll cause, you
do> can just as easily write:
do>
do> for L in $foo; do
do>
do> (Note that $foo is *not* quoted there ...)

 No, my intention is grouping multiple words by a newline.  By using
 "for", lines cannot be separated from each other in the following
 case:

foo="
	foo foo2
	bar bar2