Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 1996 16:28:20 -0400
From:      TURLOUGH FITZPatric <106154.3334@compuserve.com>
To:        freebsd <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IDE/ESDI CD-rom

Hi there,
I have been trying to get my cdrom intot he system(FBSD2.1R) for the last
few weeks with no luck. I have identified that it uses an IDE/ESDI Harddisk
controller and is located on irq 15. This I found through windows. As
FreeBSD boots up it recognises that it is there and geives the correct i/o
address for it(and delays a while). The only thing is that when I go to
mount it it tells me that the device is not configured.
Does anybody have any idea of what I have to do to get the drive mounteed.

Thanks,
turlough