Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:47:31 +0000
From:      Christophe Jelger <eejelgec@swan.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MS-DOS partition

Hello.

I am new to the list so please let me quickly introduce myself. My name
is Christophe Jelger, an MPHil student at the University of Wales
Swansea. My research topic in on IP over WDM.

I have installed FreeBSD as well as Windows NT and I share a DOS
partition between both operating systems. The problem is I can only
access the DOS partition as a read-only file system from FreeBSD. I
checked the /etc/fstab file and the partition is marked as "ro"
read-only. Shall I edit this file directly to make it "rw" ? or is there
a command to be used for this purpose ?

Thanks.

Christophe Jelger
University of Wales Swansea