Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:16:37 +0400
From:      Kirill Bezzubets <kirill@solaris.ru>
To:        "Vladimir B.  Grebenschikov" <vova@sw.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nokia 6210 + birda + gnokii

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 03:26:45PM +0400, Vladimir B.  Grebenschikov wrote:

> χ Fri, 12.07.2002, Χ 16:47, Kirill Bezzubets ΞΑΠΙΣΑΜ:
>
> I have look a bit into gnokii source:
> There are three choises for Connection:
>
> Serial/Infrared/IrDA
>
> So serial works for my 6210 (not all features)
>
> Infrared more or less works with my old 6150

Surely it does, because 61xx use propietary Nokia protocol, not IrDA-based.

> But I can't find any code to work with 6210 via IrDA

Hmmm... It's the same as with 7110, but IrDA in gnokii based on Linux PHONET
device, which is, as I see, kernel driver. Unfortunately, there's nothing
like this in FreeBSD.

btw, does anyone know what the plans to include IrDA support in
FreeBSD kernel? Any chance to have it in 5.0?

And, if you interested in better support of 6210 - try mygnokii - it's
another branch of gnokii, source tarballs are placed at ftp.gnokii.com.

> Somewhere in inet I have seen metion of extended AT* commands to control
> Nokia phones, but have not tried this.

Actually, my 6210 have 5.27 firmware, which is buggy - I cannot read
phonebook via AT-commands. ;(