Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:36:02 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Suggestions for embedded systems... ?

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 09:03:20AM -0400, Brian J. McGovern wrote:
> Thanks. The downsides I see are its relatively large size (ATX) and
> power requirements (full ATX). What I'm looking for is more along the
> lines of http://www.soekris.com/net4801.htm, only with an RCA video
> connector. Its small, takes virtually no power, takes car voltages (vs.
> upconverting back to 110AC for an ATX power supply), and has 80% of what I
> want. I just need the last 20% :)

Says it has a "low power standard PCI connector" so add a video card.

I have used 4501's which required one use a 3.3v PCI card. We needed
audio and the only thing I found was discontinued Aureal cards. When run
at 3.3v we learned they'd try but clip at 75% of max output, so we
adjusted our volumes accordingly.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@HiWAAY.net