Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:18:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: break in libcrypto?

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Robert Watson wrote:

> > What value of -j? I've built fine with -j4 and -j8, but this says that the
> > depend target hadn't run before the all target did. Did you 'make depend'
> > before building?
>
> Nope -- my make was in the top level /usr/src tree, in the form of ``make
> -j 3 all''.  It was only after the build failed that I cd'd to the
> directory, looked around, and did a make beforedepend to generate the
> missing include file.  I don't know that much about the current build
> infrastructure--was just following Poul's building instructions from
> jail(8).

You need to make depend first..perhaps the makefile could be improved (I'm
no guru) but I've seen lots of other parts of the tree sporadically break
if you don't do this.

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson