Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:32:17 +0200
From:      Christoph Splittgerber <cs@sdata.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freeBSD.org
Cc:        cs@sdata.de
Subject:   cvsup out of sync ?

Hello,

somehow I managed to get "out of sync" with my ports collection. It probably
happened some time ago with an interrupted cvsup and since then I see the
following message when I try to sync with "ports-www":

<<<<snip>>>>
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/patch-aa
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/patch-ab
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/tomcat.sh
 Delete ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files
Updater failed: Cannot delete "/usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files": Directory
not empty
<<<<snip>>>>

when I do a "rm -rf ports/www/jakarta-tomcat" and cvsup again, it works, and I
see a:

<<<<snip>>>>
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/Makefile
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/distinfo
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/patch-aa
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/patch-ab
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/tomcat.sh
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/pkg-comment
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/pkg-descr
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/pkg-plist

however, the next cvsup will produce the same error (Cannot delete
"/usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files") again.

So what is the correct procedure to recover from this ?

Thanks in advance,

Christoph

PS: please keep the CC: to cs@sdata.de, 'cause I'm not on the
freebsd-questions list!