Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2014 11:58:28 -0700
From:      Matt Lager <matt@soliddataservices.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Free BSD Question?

I believe the perfect place for you to start is:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

I don't mean that in a RTFM sort of way... The handbook is great, for
all levels of FreeBSD users. It covers a lot of what you are needing,
and a lot about what you are going to need that you don't know yet. The
firewall section covers turning FreeBSD into a router using various
firewall implementations. The networking section covers gateways and
routes. And so on.

Start your adventure there, than make Google your best friend.

On 4/27/2014 1:22 AM, Abdul Waheed wrote:
> Dear Sir, I am new in Networking and also new in free BSD.I don't know about free BSD Proxy.
> I have some question i hope u will help me.
> I want to implement freeBSD in my network environment.can any body guide me what are the packages i need to install with free BSD.from where i will start this.I don't know
> I want to use FreeBSD 9.1 for following purpose:
> 1. As a proxy server
> 2. As a Router
> what i need to fulfill these requirement.please guide me from start.
>
> Thanks for help
>
> Abdul

Solid Data Services <http://www.soliddataservices.com>;

Matt Lager / President
*Office:* 480-351-5122
*Mobile:* 501-269-8606
www.SolidDataServices.com <http://www.soliddataservices.com>;

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information and is intended only for the use of the intended
recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to
be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses.
Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted
these risks. Solid Data Services is not responsible for errors or
omissions in this message and denies any responsibility for any damage
arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement
contained in this message and any attachment are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

believed to be clean.