Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:20:44 -0800
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd security <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   EoL for FreeBSD 6.2-RC1

Those of you who are using FreeBSD Update on FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 may have
seen the following scary message:

  WARNING: FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 HAS PASSED ITS END-OF-LIFE DATE.
  Any security issues discovered after Mon Dec 18 00:00:00 UTC 2006
  will not have been corrected.

I told FreeBSD Update that the EoL for FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 would be December
18th (i.e., one month after 6.2-RC1 was released) as I thought that
6.2-RELEASE, or at very least 6.2-RC2, would be out by now.  Obviously
I hadn't counted on there being hardware problems on ftp-master.

In any case: Don't worry about this warning.  If any advisories happen
before 6.2-RELEASE, the appropriate binary updates will be available for
6.2-RC1 via FreeBSD Update.

Colin Percival
FreeBSD Security Officer