Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 08:05:24 +0200
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@eircom.net>
To:        "Brian D. Woodruff" <wood@soundconcept.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Further question Re: cvsupped to RELENG_4 but got 4.3-RC

On Wed, 04 Apr 2001 23:49:40 -0500
"Brian D. Woodruff" <wood@soundconcept.net> wrote:

BW> I would rather be consistent across my servers than have some be one
BW> release past the others.

	Allow me to investigate this a little further.

	Do you want to have all your servers running the same code or code
with the same name ? The former can only be achieved by installing them from
the same build (except for RELEASEs which can be exactly recreated at any
time). The latter is meaningless except for RELEASEs (oh yes and branch points
but AFAIK nobody uses those tags for a checkout).

--
Optimal hardware acceleration for Windows PC (Mac).
   9.98 m/s/s applied for (at least) 2s followed by impact with solid object.