Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 05:17:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      figueroa@alamo.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boca 16 port and 3C509

Hi all,

I have a couple of machines which are used for a small private ISP/BBS
system. Our Primary DNS is running BSDi/OS 2.0.1 and our secondary is
running FreeBSD (it used to run Linux/RedHat, until I saw the light !!! ;> )

The machines run fine through our internal network which IP based via ISDN
connect. The problem is that I want to install a Boca 16 multi-port card.
The FAQ was very helpful in setting this up, since that part works fine.
The problem is the 3C509 card. I cannot get these two to work together.
The Boca is set up with an Interrupt of 4 and a base IO address of 100h.
The 3C509 was set up with the default of 0x300. No matter what I do to
the IO setting for the 3C509, it cannot get recognized by the boot-up
probe. Does anyone else have a multiport card and ethernet card working
together? ( can't we all just get along?!? ;> ). Upon boot up the kernel
does see the Boca in shared IRQ mode but not the 3C509. If I disconnect/disable
the Boca, the 3C509 is recognized. Can anyone shed some light as to what
the problem may be and what I could do to get these to work?

Thanks for any help.

Miguel