Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:56:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Doug Hass <dhass@imagestream.com>
To:        Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
Cc:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>, MurrayTaylor <taylorm@bytecraft.au.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FYI

In a private e-mail, Leo writes:

> You offered a discount on these boards on the list.  If you think there
> is a real opportunity to sell these to the *BSD crowd, I recomend you
> take that 15% (or some part of it) and offer to partially fund a driver
> developer.  There are many freelance programmers working on the project
> who for $1000-$5000 (depending on complexity) could make your driver a
> reality. A good developer could probably also make them work under
> OpenBSD and NetBSD in one fell swoop.

I'd be happy to pledge the 15% to a driver developer.  That's a
great idea!  It will accomplish two objectives:

1) There will be at least 100 WANic 400 series cards available for
purchase to support existing installations (assuming someone out there
places the order).

2) ImageStream will pledge 15% of the purchase price of any lots of these
400 series cards toward porting of our SAND architecture to FreeBSD.
That's a MINIMUM of $8,100 that ImageStream is willing to pay a developer
or group of developers to port the drivers for the rest of the cards.

Ted--you've indicated that there is a significant market for the 400
series cards in the community.  Why don't you contact me privately and
we'll get you an order of the cards so that we can accomplish the above.

Regards,

Doug

-----

Doug Hass