Date:      Sat, 03 Jul 2010 12:50:04 -0700
From:      Craig Whipp <crwhipp@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Atheros AR9280 on 8.1-RC2 - unusable

I recently upgraded a system of mine with an Atheros AR9280 to FreeBSD
8.1-RC2.  Upon booting, the system log keeps getting appended with
entries that state:

ath0:  bb hang detected (0x80)
and
ath0: ath_chan_set: unable to reset channel X (XXXX, flags 0x480), hal
status 3
where X and XXXX cycle through the various channels and frequencies.

The associated wlan device is unable to associate with the wireless
access point.

Let me know if there's any other information I can provide.  This card
was experienced occaisional lockups in 8.0-RELEASE, and will only
associate with the ath driver if the driver is compiled into the kernel

I'm posting this here because I saw Ken Smith's comment about recent
AR9280 regression and fixes on this branch.

Thanks,

- Craig