Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 1996 10:16:26 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carl Makin <cmakin@nla.gov.au>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fast SCSI controller

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Charles Henrich wrote:

> In lists.freebsd.questions you write:

> >On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Brian J. McGovern wrote:

> >>I'm looking at building a file server for a group of Sun workstations at
> >>work. I expect to have several SCSI drives on the machine, and thought it'd

> One thing no one has mentioned is that NFS on FreeBSD is pretty horrid.  On
> 2.1R I get lockups on the client quite a bit, in the server mode I've seen it

I run NFS quite a lot from a FreeBSD 2.1R box with NO problems.  In
fact my user home directories, until last week, were all NFS mounted
(from an AIX box) with no lockups or errors.

I also backup my box via NFS to a StorageTek Silo nightly.

If you're having NFS I'd be having a *much* closer look at your
hardware and software setup.

Carl.

--
Carl Makin (VK1KCM)  <http://email.nla.gov.au/~cmakin/>;