Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 00:30:51 -0400
From:      "Christopher J. Booth" <cbooth@onyx.interactive.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        cbooth@onyx.interactive.net
Subject:   udp Port Domain Unreachable--How to Parlay Plies?

I think that I am _very_ close now....I can dial up using iijppp, connect, the
ppp turns into PPP, and I can ping my dns and the gateway IP addresses as
found in "netstat -rn". But I cannot get through with Lynx, Chimera, Gopher,
Arena, ftp, Fetchmail, or Pine.

When I run tcpdump -i tun0--as Richard Neswold suggested, for which, my
thanks--I get the message "udp port domain unreachable". I take it that this
means that my transport layer is not talking with my application layer (I am
looking in Nemeth, Snyder, Seebass, & Hein, the red book)....But what can I do
about it? I am eager to spend more time in FreeBSD!!! (I am in Linux right
now....)

TIA!!

Chris
--