Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:10:27 +0200
From:      "Thomas Runge" <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 based server

Richard Puga wrote:

> Is there any way to use a bt848 as a web cam  or streaming video server

All that is technically possible.

For video you can use the mbone tools (vic).

For a webcam there is no (known to me) tool available, yet. But it
should be pretty simple to write a program, that just grabs an
image and writes it as jpeg to a file accessible by a webserver.
IIRC, there is a programm in "examples" on Rogers website, which
does it already...

ftp://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/pub/bt848/examples/grab.c

Ah, I see. It just writes ppm. But adding jpeg using libjpeg
isn't that big deal.

--
Tom