Date:      Mon, 09 Jul 2001 22:42:25 -0500
From:      David Deaven <deaven@execpc.com>
To:        mbermal@ucsd.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Olympus/Smart Media/USB Camera

After I read your post I attempted to get my Olympus C3000 camera with USB to
attach and be recognized as a "umass" device under 4.2-RELEASE, but no such
luck.  I can see the camera on the USB bus:

  tabby# usbdevs
  addr 1: UHCI root hub, Intel
   addr 2: C-3000ZOOM, OLYMPU

but I cannot see the USB bus as providing another SCSI bus besides the CDRW
and scanner I have on a normal PCI adapter card:

  tabby# camcontrol devlist
  <RICOH MP6201S 2.03>               at scbus0 target 1 lun 0 (pass0,cd0)
  <UMAX Astra 1200S V2.8>            at scbus0 target 5 lun 0 (pass1)

I'm not sure if there's another step I should follow...  if anybody is
successful at this please let me know!

Dave

David Deaven        deaven@execpc.com
http://www.execpc.com/~deaven