Date:      Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:17:23 +0200
From:      vdm.fbsd@virgilio.it
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysinstall, ftp & proxy

I run freebsd 5.4.
At office I compile my ports of interest smoothly, like a charme with a
mere "make install clean" from behind a proxy which I have once and for
all defined in /etc/make.conf as in these 2 lines:

FETCH_ENV =3D HTTP_PROXY=3Dhttp://userid:passwd@proxy.domain:8080
FETCH_ENV =3D FTP_PROXY=3Dhttp://userid:passwd@proxy.domain:8080

In a nutshell: no problems!

INSTEAD ...

When I run sysinstall and want to download some sources from ftp.it.freeb=
sd.org,
it seems (and it is logical) that the make.conf is of no help.
In fact, when I click the media, selecting FTP I'm faced with at least 3
solutions:
FTP server
FTP passive
FTP behind a proxy

and none of them seems to ask for something like userid:passwd@proxy.doma=
in:8080
but at most proxy.domain:8080.

What FTP server should I select and HOW should I set the proxy with useri=
& passwd up?

Ciao
Vittorio