Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:05:01 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isppp + dynamic IP

Malte Lance writes:
[snip]
>Some months ago i've written the changes to the sppp-code to enable
>dynamic-IP-adr-assignment by just giving spppcontrol a command-line-
>flag, instead of setting the local address to 0.0.0.0. So you got
>the freedom to set it to any local IP-address without disabling the
>dynamic-IP-address-assignment. Since nobody on this list was really
>interested in the changes, i did not bother Hellmuth with the patches.

really ?!? I don't remember that (but I lost a whole slew of mail for
a while). Just because noone jumped up screaming "gimme patches!" does
not mean that there's no interest.

Send me patches and I'll look at them for you. If we can avoid problems
due to a 0.0.0.0 address then it seems like it would be worthwhile.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de
Work - garyj@fkr.dec.com