Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:03:35 -0700
From:      Sean Bruno <sbruno@miralink.com>
To:        Dieter <freebsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Something broke :-( Re: fwcontrol update

Dieter wrote:

> What does penguinix call firewire?
>
> (none):~ # dmesg | grep -i fire
> (none):~ # dmesg | grep -i fw
> (none):~ # dmesg | grep -i 1394
> (none):~ # dmesg | grep -i link
> audit: initializing netlink socket (disabled)
> eth0: RXcsums[1] LinkChgREG[0] MIirq[0] ASF[0] Split[0] WireSpeed[1] TSOcap[1]
>
> (none):~ # man -k fire
> fire: nothing appropriate.
> (none):~ # man -k fw
> fw: nothing appropriate.
> (none):~ # man -k 1394
> 1394: nothing appropriate.
> (none):~ # man -k link
> link: nothing appropriate.

I was hoping that you could boot linux, and then plugin your camera and
see what the output of dmesg and /var/log/messages has to say.
> Anyway, due to a firmware bug I ended up having to power cycle
> the machine.  (switched off at the P/S, so even 5V standby should
> have been off)
>
> I was expecting the power cycle to completely reset the NEC board.
> But it is not back to normal.  I no longer get the spewage from a
> constant series of bus resets, but fwcontrol -R still doesn't work.
>
> fwcontrol_prev is from March, and used to do -R successfully.
>
> fwcontrol_prev -R /dv0/test_prev_camera.dv
> Detected DV format on input.
> (EAGAIN)
> (EAGAIN)
> (EAGAIN)

Is there any chance that you overwrote fwcontrol_prev with my patched
version?

Could you pull fwcontrol from src and recompile just to check?

--
Sean Bruno
MiraLink Corporation