Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:00:29 +0100
From:      Uwe Pierau <uwe.pierau@tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   disc-cover and FreeBSD

Hello,

i'm trying to use the program disc-cover with FreeBSD 4.2-STALE.
(Homepage: http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~jvhemert/disc-cover/)
All the necessary perl modules and programs are installed.

But i get the following error-message:

------->
jever# pwd
/tmp/disc-cover-1.1.1
jever# ./disc-cover -V -D /dev/acd0a
Trying CDDB server cddbp://:0/
Connection error: Undefined error: 0
Could not establish connection with any CDDB servers!
Error: Could not fetch cdrom information.

Solution 1: Check if the connection to the internet works.

Solution 2: If the file is not in the cddb database you can make a new file
as follows: 'disc-cover -t cddb -o newfile.cddb'. Edit this file and insert
the titles and artist, then do: 'disc-cover -f newfile.cddb'.
<-------

I've no experience with perl, so i don't know how and where
i've to change the CDDB server (look at the first line of the
error message). In disc-cover (also a perl script) there is
no knob or something similar.

Are there FreeBSD users who uses disc-cover? Can somebody give
me a hint?

TIA,
Uwe

PS: The News section at the above homepage says:
" [...] This module replaces the FreeDB library! My main reason to
switch libraries is that Audio-CD uses the libaudiocd library that is
supposed to work on most Unix platforms and should enable FreeBSD
users to start using Disc-Cover. [...]"