Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2013 07:00:01 GMT
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/181388: [route] Routes not updated on mtu change

The following reply was made to PR kern/181388; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, joe@rewt.org.uk
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:57:22 +0800

 The problem is that this is not as simple as it seems.
 The route MTU MIGHT have been set by something other than the
 interface MTU
 in the first place.
 The interface MTU is a default for the route MTU but is not the only
 source.
 This actuall bit me a couple of days ago when I was wonderign why my
 interface was not sending 9K packets..  turns out you need to do
 'ifconfig_xn0="DHCP mtu 9000"' in order to have your dncp
 configured interface routes  have the right size.

 so, I'm agreeing with you , but noticing that there are complications.