Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 1995 13:08:05 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@netcraft.co.uk>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        paul@FreeBSD.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: copyright notices for ports/packages

>  * It's not a big deal I guess, just seems like unecessary work.
>
> Paul, please read my other mail.  This is all about binary packages
> that we distribute, and users who compile & install programs by
> themselves constistute about 0.05% of my worries at this point.

Yeah, I know, all I'm saying is that if they compiled and installed
the sources themselves in 99.9% of the cases they wouldn't have the
Copyright left online so why whould we worry about installing it when
the authors of the original code didn't think it was necessary.

If the original sources, *DO* install the copyright then whoever
creates the port and package should do the same but I don't think we
should worry ourselves over installing Copyrights when the original code
didn't do so in the first place.

--
  Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems. FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.freebsd.org/~paul