Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:38:10 +0100 (CET)
From:      Ronald Klop <ronald@node11a94.a2000.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   share swap with win95

Hello,

I have one disk which I use for my windows swapfile and one disk which I
use for my FreeBSD swap. I would like to use one disk for both swaps.
Is it possible to make an image (with dd) of the fat and root directory of
the windows disk, use the disk as FreeBSD swap and at shutdown write back
the image of the windows fat and root dir?

Wil windows eat this and can FreeBSD work this way? Or do I have to do a
complete DOS format every time I reboot to windows?
Where do I have to put the dd command to write the image back in the
shutdown process?

Or can I do this simpler?

Please reply by cc: also.

Greetings,