Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:24:51 +1030
From:      Brian Astill <brian.astill@flinders.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Whereis network address?

I made a silly mistake when installing FreeBSD 4.2 <sigh>
When confronted with the network setup, I assumed 'host' was the main computer
in my small crossover network - WRONG!   The result was that I had two
computers, both with the same name and address!
OK, so I visited every file I could find in /etc and inserted the CORRECT names
and addresses.
However, though I can now ping 1 from 2, 2 still retains the wrong name (see
prompt) and still refuses to be pinged by 1, saying that 1 is using its address!
Clearly that second unit has its name and address stored somewhere where I am
not looking - but WHERE, please?

 --
Regards,
Brian