Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 2002 16:11:27 -0600
From:      Wayne M Barnes <stabilizer@klentaq.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   TV output turn on

Dear FreeBSD,

     My Dell laptop has a ATI M3 video card, with an S-video output.

     How do I turn on the S-video output with my FreeBSD 4.7-stable?

     On Windows98 I can turn on output to the TV thru the S-video by
boring down to advanced settings/display, and setting some options,
if the TV is connected to the S-video port.

     I "need" this on FreeBSD in order to run ogle to watch a European DVD
which I can't seem to watch any other ways which I have tried, but won't
go into here.

     Could this be an option in my X11/XF86Config file?  Do you
suppose 'XFree86 -configure' would probe the TV if it were connected
at the time?

--
Wayne M Barnes      stabilizer@klentaq.com