Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 1998 09:14:32 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Holm Tiffe <freebsd@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Unable to install 3.0-RELEASE with an AHA1542 !

Hi,

Today I've tried to install a 3.0 RELEASE on a PII/350
system (Gigabyte GA-6BA w. 128MB SDRAM) and an old 1542.
This configuration was only chosen to test the usability
from old LANCE based Network cards, dont say me that I
shouldn't use such a configuration :-)

In the Storage menu from sysinstall I've choosen the
"Adaptec 154x SCSI Controller" (that has in this menu
no configurable port adresses and no IRQ's)

When I boot up the system (Install Menu) and scroll backwards
the system says ahc0: not found at 0x134!
I know that is one of 6 possible adresses for the aha1542,
but the default is 0x330....

In 2.2.7-Release that's all fine.

Holm