Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 12:44:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@jaguar.ir.miami.edu>
To:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Compaq XL590: final word?

I just found one of these lying around, and I'm trying to put 2.2.7 on it.
It finds all the devices successfully, but when trying to initialize the
ethernet controller (lnc1 via PCI), I get initialization failures.  I
searched through the mailing lists, but found no real solution.  It seems
some kind of shared IRQ thing is going on...?  I can't fiugre out how to
get into the BIOS to check, though (any ideas?).  Is there a good solution
for solving this without having the ability to compile a new kernel?
Thanks.

Joe Clarke