Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 22:01:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange DNS/Routing

	Here's my problem, I upgraded my 3.1 workstation to 3.2. Now no
DNS services seem to work from the workstation. In addition, the only ip
number I can even connect to is my dial-up server. From the server itself
everything runs fine. traceroute eventually finds other IP numbers but
there is at least a 30 second wait time between each hop.
	I thought this at first may have been a duplex problem with the de
driver that other people have experienced, but ifconfig shows that my
server running the same card is running in full duplex also.
	The only other thing I can think that may be causing problems is
the name of the workstation. I changed it from the generic name.my.domain
to name.domainname, but changing it back makes no differance.

					Rick

---- "Religion exists because man can't belive that he's nothing more
then a random accident."

 http://www.grendal.org