Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:03:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      vagner@spdc.ti.com (George Vagner)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp -alias

yesturday i have had problems making some connections thru my freebsd box
from my NT machine.

I have freebsd 2.2.5-r and invoke ppp -alias interactive and then proceed to
connect to my provider all ok, i can browse internet from the freebsd box
just fine but when trying from my other machine which runs NT 4.0 only
about 50 % of the sites i can access, i get an error saying the server
is not available.

I used to be able to do it just fine but i changed some of my settings in
the default dns server and now it dont work half the time.

for the default server i put in the ip addresses of the nt machine the freebsd
machine and the ip for the dns server on my providers side. is this correct?

i tried just putting in the dns for just my provider and i get nothing at all.

I dont know too much about networking and need some suggestions on how to about
setting up NT to use the freebsd box to get to my provider.

mail doesnt work eithier but it used to?

--

Laszlo G. Vagner
Texas Instruments