Date:      Sun, 08 Sep 2002 18:41:34 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>
Cc:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>, Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>, tlambert2@mindspring.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Neal E Westfall <nwestfal@directvinternet.com> writes:
> There is a place for a sense of humor, of course.  But I like to keep
> a distinction between having a sense of humor and trivializing life.

Unfortunately, our life -is- trivial. To think otherwise extends the
ego beyond the bounds of where we can usefully interact with God. ;)
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

The King decided to force his subjects to tell the
truth. Nasrudin was first in line.  The King asked him,
"Where are you going?  Tell the truth or be hanged"
"I am going," said Nasrudin, "to be hanged on that gallows."
"I don't believe you.", replied the King
"Very well, if I have told a lie, then hang me!"
"But that would make it the truth!"
"Exactly," said Nasrudin, "your truth."