Date:      Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:31:27 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Vahan Yerkanian <vahan@arminco.com>, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: current state of ahd driver

> What is official status of ahd driver at the moment? 4.9 and 5.2.1 still
> have the same dump messages on bootup for me.

Neither 4.9 nor 5.2.1 have the lastest ahd driver.  You should be
able to pull the driver from either the -stable or -current branch
and rebuild a kernel for either of these releases to effect an upgrade
to the latest drivers.  However, if I had to hazard a guess as to
why things are not happy, it would be that FreeBSD's EISA probe is
running into the controller.  It used to be that you could disable
EISA probing from userconfig (which only applies to -stable), but I
haven't look into this for some time.

--
Justin