Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 1995 09:04:49 PST
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        David Kirchner <dpk@eskimo.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot problems (was Re: Western Digital boot failures )

> > 	When I use the booteasy option, I keep hitting F1 over and over,
> > nothing ever happens other than repeating the "BSD  F?" banner.
>
> As a note, booteasy will not start FreeBSD off the second disk without
> some reprogramming.  You can use OS-BS or any other boot manager if you
> need to boot off the second disk.  (I use OS/2's Boot Manager and it
> works great.)

Hmmm..this hasppened to me (what I do is boot of a slice on the first
disk, and mount a much larger slice from the second disk...

But I'd like to do aware with the first disk slice...

What reprogramming is necessary for booteasy to start from the second
disk?  Also fbsdboot doesn't like booting from the second disk...

(the bootfloppy or entering it in the boot prompt from the first
disk slice has no problem booting from the second disk).

What is OS-BS?
--
marty
leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com