Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 1997 17:23:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@nike.efn.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: boot messages (Was: Sun Workshop compiler vs. GCC?)

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Michael Smith wrote:

> The splash-screen is actually implemented as an alternate display mode for
> a single VT.  But you're not paying attention : it is NOT POSSIBLE to
> detect keystrokes on the console while the device probes are running,
> because interrupts are Turned Off.

this may sound like a stupid question.. but can you check the
keyboard between probes to see if there are any keypresses....  I remeber
here a post a few days ago saying the keyboard control had a 16byte
buffer.. so the keypress would still be around wouldn't it?  it just needs
to get pulled...

just a thought...

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)