Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:42:15 -0700
From:      Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold <patron1@paganlibrary.com>
To:        piratesue@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adobe Acrobat Questions

Sounds like yo've received Acrobat as an add-on on a CD for another progr=
am,=20
and a fairly old one at that.

I'm going to assume you're running Windows 9x, and have extensions turned=
 off=20
in Explorer.

You should right-click on the file and choose "Properties". I'm willing t=
o=20
bet the file is called acroread.inf. This is an information file for the=20
installation program.

Sounds like you'll probably need to re-install.

On Friday 05 October 2001 13:06, P. U. (Uli) Kruppa wrote:
> As far as I know people on this list are very friendly and
> helpful.
> Are you sure you are are running FreeBSD as Operating-System
> and not Windows?
> In this case we could help you.
>
> Uli.
>
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 piratesue@aol.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> > My name is Sue Gore and I have some questions about Adobe Acrobat.=20
> > Please bear with me, Im not entirely computer saavy (probably less th=
an a
> > novice). I have been unable to open emails from people that require
> > "Acroread".  It gives me the messege it can not find the execute file=
=2E  I
> > have Adobe Acrobat on my list of programs but the browser can not fin=
> > it.  I found it with "quickfinder" but it indicates the file is empty=
=2E  I
> > then opened it through My Computer and Windows and it says it is 278
> > bytes.  So I printed it out and the first messege was the following:
> >
> > OEM1=3DComplete online documentation for Acrobat Reader
> > OEM2=3Dis located in the Help directory for Acrobat Reader
> >
> > My questions are- 1) The program for Adobe Acrobat Reader 2.1 on my
> > computer has a picture of a wheelchair next to it.  Does this mean it=
 was
> > disabled somehow? and if so would you know how I could enable it agai=
n?
> >        2) It  says in your discription of Adobe Acrobat Reader that y=
ou
> > need 2.2. My question about this is 2.2 what? Windows? Adobe Acrobat
> > Reader? or something else?
> >        3) Should I just download it or will I need to do some "hackin=
g"
> > to get it to run if I download it from your site?  Would it be differ=
ent
> > downloading from any other site or wouldn't that make any difference?
> >
> > Any light you can shed on my "Computer Darkness" would be a great hel=
p.
> > Thanks
> > Sue

--=20

Offensive Foul! Illegal Tagline! 2 Meg Penalty

Above address is an autoresponder!
Correct email address: patron1 at paganlibrary dot com

Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold
http://www.paganlibrary.com