Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 1996 18:43:35 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium gcc port done

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Satoshi Asami wrote:

>  * Now compiling it.  Will commit later after testing packaging.
>
> Finished, made a few more little modifications and commited it.  The
> package will be up for ftp too shortly.

Fine !

> I used the http site for the patch file instead of including the 800KB
> file in the patches/ directory.

Very fine ! I wanted to do this, too, but noticed that the
hypertext link isn't pointing to a ftp server, bad luck ;-)

> The ftpget script we are testing now can handle this; and there is a
> copy on ftp.freebsd.org, so regular ncftp users will just get it from
> the backup site.

Ah, fine.

> People, please benchmark it!  And thanks for the port, Andreas!

Well, was a pleasure between 10pm and 1am ;-) I got the idea,
when Paul Henning asked.

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@knobel.gun.de       /\/\___  Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH