Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2007 02:22:51 -0800
From:      Michael DeMan <michael@staff.openaccess.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Jordi Espasa Clofent <jordi.espasa@opengea.org>
Subject:   Re: Maximum NIC interrupts

Hi,

I think this is a really good question.

I'm curious since we use a lot of stripped-down FreeBSD for modest =20
performance routers.

We typically enabling our interfaces with POLLING not so much for =20
performance (it seems to be a negligible improvement nowadays) but so =20=

that we know that our OSPF/BGP/SSH processes are always responsive.

I'd be curious if anybody could get back on this.  I've never even =20
considered things from the perspective of how many interrupts a NIC =20
could generate other than that they could always generate too many.

- mike