Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:51:41 -0600
From:      Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
To:        "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>, "Joe Clarke" <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: pw useradd -D command

At 08:48 PM 1/21/2002 -0500, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:
>I have other user id's added with adduser that are
>in /usr/home/userid. When using pw it makes the entry
>in the passwd file ok with /home/userid but does not
>create /user/home/userid. I looked for it.

      -m            This option instructs pw to attempt to create the user's
                    home directory.  While primarily useful when adding a new
                    account with useradd, this may also be of use when moving
                    an existing user's home directory elsewhere on the filesys-
                    tem.  The new home directory is populated with the contents
                    of the skeleton directory, which typically contains a set
                    of shell configuration files that the user may personalize
                    to taste.  When -m is used on an account with usermod,
                    existing configuration files in the user's home directory
                    are not overwritten from the skeleton files.

--chris