Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 10:36:39 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, jamie@inna.net, toneil@visigenic.com, jfieber@indiana.edu, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windows95: what you don't know, you must reinvent

> > For what it's worth, *NOW* is the time for BSD to look at fully
> > supporting the Win32 API.  Linux too, for that matter.
>
> Er, yeah.  You have ABI documentation that's vaguely accurate and
> legit?  You are willing to fund this?  (Or you know someone else who
> is?)
>
> And lastly, is your tongue turning black? (Name of the Rose)

I caught your Umberto Eco reference... I'm not a total barbarian.  ;-).

The ABI documentation is fairly public; there are a number of European
companies that have it; so does Sun, so does DEC.  There are a *huge*
number of books that have it.

As to funding, are you asking if I'm willing to work on this?  Well,
I'm willing to do the COM implementation, which is the underlying
technology for DirectX, ActiveX, etc., assuming that FreeBSD ever
switches to ELF.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org