Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:43:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Terry Todd <tlt@tltodd.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   news2mail programs

Can anyone recommend a news2mail program?  I have tried Alex Schnitman's
but it doesn't seem to work.  It compiles but when I try to run it it
connects to the news server and then times out without doing anything.
I am looking for something that can run on my FreeBSD 3.2 system and
will connect to a news server on another system to do a news2mail
function.  I don't want all the overhead of running inn or cnews.
I just want to provide a service for people who only have email access
to the internet the ability to receive one or two newsgroups of my
choosing.  Has anyone had any success with Alex's news2mail on FreeBSD?

TIA
Terry Todd