Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 1996 18:48:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freebsd.org>
To:        Michael Simon <sim@bigweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD SysAdmin

On Sat, 27 Jan 1996, Michael Simon wrote:

>         I'm a new addition to this list and also a first time sysadmin for
> my high school's TCP/IP network. I have very little experience being a
> sysadmin (seeing as I am only 15 -- although I have much experience in other
> areas of the internet and around 2 years experience in UNIX) type OS's). I

	not a bad start for 15 years of age ;)

> was wondering if anyone could recommend any good books for sysadminning
> FreeBSD -- I know they are a few on the freebsd.org page, but I'd like some

	the book is _unix_system_administration_handbook_ by evi nemeth
et al.  2nd edition (the red cover, the yellow cover is first edition).
it is the closest thing currently available for FreeBSD.

jmb

Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG

ps. you may want to trim your signature file a little.  4 lines is good. ;)