Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2000 10:15:06 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: REQ: test gawk upgrade for release

Hi folks,

Thanks to those of you who mailed me feedback.   All the feedback
suggests that it's not as simple as syncing the awk sources up to HEAD.

Therefore, there's just no way this is going to happen for 4.2-RELEASE.

As an aside, someone mailed me his concerns that Jordan was still
considering MFC requests well into the RC cycle.

I would like to make it clear that Jordan approved this MFC _well_
before 4.2-RC and that I have no evidence that he would have allowed the
awk upgrade this late in the game.

Thanks!
Sheldon.