Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:47:57 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        ak03@gte.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, jroberson@chesapeake.net, arr@FreeBSD.ORG, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Found: module loading breakage

* Alexander Kabaev <kabaev@hotmail.com> [020322 21:31] wrote:
>  I used the workaround below to get the system booting again, but it
> does nothing to solve the real problem. We should probably either update
> each and every vnode known to the system with the new v_op pointer when
> needed, or simply start allocating vop_t vectors large enough to hold
> every vnode operation we know about. Or maybe some VFS guru can
> propose a better strategy?

Good work!

I was about to say:
  "why don't you just traverse the system wide list of vnodes
   and fixup the pointers?"
Then I realized that there doesn't seem to be a system wide list... :(

You could add one, it would be trivial to add a TAILQ_ENTRY to the
vnode strcture as well as add/remove the nodes from
the list in the vnode allocation and deallocation code.

Feel ambitious? :)

-Alfred