Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:23:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
To:        "Mike G." <mike_garcia_m3@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DSL providers supporting FreeBSD

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Mike G. wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows of any DSL providers that have
> the capability to support FreeBSD hosts.

How about letting us know where you are, what kind of connection your ISP
provides. Many times they only list certain OSs on their install manual,
but work fine with FreeBSD.

My understanding of FreeBSD/DSL based on 4 locations.
-if your provider gives you a router you are ok
-a DSL modem which acts as a bridge is ok(don't know if that is the
correct words, but basically you configure your NIC with an IP address,
point to the gateway they tell you and you are done)

Best of luck.